Social Intrapreneur Fellowship
OUR COMPANY'S CULTURE:
AL DÍA takes pride in having a work culture that respects and engages the individual's personal initiative and, in a very unique case for a media company, prioritizes the growth of the team members as part of the strategy for our company's growth.
When we win, we all win together.
Come and join and exceptional media company actively developing news business models to sustain quality journalism.
WHO WE ARE:
AL DÍA's company culture was defined by the unique way the company came about.
This is an atypical journalists-owned and operated news media business —a start-up born in the home of its founder in North Philadelphia— now headquartered 25 years later in the heart of the business district of Center City, staffed by a team of professionals of all ethnic backgrounds working together to amplify diverse voices over the news media spectrum and contributing in a unique way to the future of Independent Journalism from the cradle of the U.S. Democracy.
We provide a unique environment for business professionals with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the market place, recent graduates with a knack for entrepreneurship, or mid-career professionals in search of a meaningful career change.
If you are driven to make a direct impact in reshaping and diversifying the rapidly changing media business, and want to become a true Social Intrapreneur under the AL DIA brand and successful 25-year old business practice, this is and ideal place for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Propose and execute innovative ideas to bring exceptional value to the market place, working on a wide range of new opportunities, from Content Marketing and Sales, Event Marketing and Sales, Subscription Marketing and Sales, Social Media Marketing, to traditional print and digital advertising sales.
- Prepare presentations and structure proposals on quality products connected to the needs of our clients and sponsors.
- Imagine and materialize new ways to bring solutions for our clients beyond traditional advertising.
- Research, plan, and execute fundraising initiatives for quality Journalism supported by the Foundation sector.
- Passion for independent news media and quality journalism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personal initiative, self-motivation, and strict time management skills.
- Voracious work ethic and great attitude to exceed goals and expectations.
- Solutions-oriented approach to challenges.
- Able to set priorities and be highly organized.
- Rigorous ethical standards and personal integrity.
- Interest in leadership and management opportunities.
- Hold a university degree in Business, Communications and Journalism, or have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in customer service.
- Available immediately for a full-time commitment.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Work in Center City Philadelphia, in the heart of the financial district, within walking distance from main attractions in the City of Brotherly Love.
- In normal times, network at AL DÍA Live Events hosted in venues such as the Pyramid Club and the Philadelphia Union League.
- In normal times, enjoy the AL DÍA Team 'happy hour', known as "Viva Viernes!", for a drink together and direct interaction with the company’s leadership.
- Learn and thrive in a multicultural and bilingual environment where English is our common lingo. You can practice your Spanish, though, any time you choose.
- Take abundant time off to replenish and come back even more creative. Based on seniority, AL DIA offers up to a month of time off a year, including vacation, paid holidays, and paid personal days.
- Enjoy our open office space, equipped with the AL DIA Lounge where you can sit, relax, have a drink or a meal, or listen to your favorite music during breaks.
- Stretch and stay fit in the fully equipped gym, one minute away from your workspace, on the lower floor of the same building.
- AL DÍA is one of the country’s most innovative and agile news media companies in the East Coast practicing a unique brand of Cross cultural Journalism in dual language format, in print, online, and live and virtual events over a multimedia and multilingual platform.
- AL DIA is like a start-up organization, but with the great advantage of having earned well 25 years of successful business experience.
- We understand the high social responsibility of news media, and also we have developed strong networks and mastered business practices essential to make media self-sustaining and independent.
- We practice and value Social Entrepreneurship and we want to mentor and develop more leaders urgently needed in the current transformation of the media business.
- If you are like us, "creative, funny and a little bit weird", and also "brave and unafraid to confront challenges", as two of AL DIA's "Core Values" read, please consider joining us.
- We are interviewing immediately and currently recruiting for several openings for year 2021.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter directly to our Founder and CEO at: [email protected].