AL DÍA News Media is a dynamic news organization based in Philadelphia, with an increasingly national scope and reach. Our multi-platform news media organization showcases the fullness of the Latino experience in the United States — fostering engagement and driving a new American narrative.
AL DÍA offers readers a unique perspective in the midst of the cluttered media landscape with its national news website available in English and Spanish, a print publication, English-language events including media panels, political conversations, film screenings, and other ambitious content initiatives.
Our interns are actively engaged in the following areas:
- Marketing, Strategy, & Events: Developing and designing effective marketing projects to communicate our values and products; planning, executing and organizing events; working alongside the marketing and operations teams to manage the social media, press releases, newsletters and brand integrity for the company
- Operations: Working alongside top executives to maintain effective logistical approaches to operations
- Creative Design: Contribute to the company identity, and the identity of our clients, through the design of promotions, advertisements, publications, and digital platforms
- Digital Editorial: Working alongside our award-winning team to create digital and video content through our dual-language news platforms. Journalism majors, filmmakers, podcasters and videographers encouraged to apply!
We are looking for students with the drive to succeed in the news media field.
- Are you interested in journalism, the media industry, multicultural business?
- Are you a quick thinker? Able to adjust to a fast-paced business environment?
- Do you enjoy working alongside other people with similar goals and values?
- Do you want an internship that involves real responsibility and not just filing paperwork or fetching coffee?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have a spot for you!
There are so many benefits to an internship at AL DÍA:
- Explore Philadelphia: Our office is located right in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia. During lunch breaks and after work, take a walk and explore the City of Brotherly love! We are just a couple blocks from City Hall, Love Park, Walnut Street Shopping District, and so many restaurants and coffee shops.
- Team Meetings: Every Friday, our office gathers together for our weekly “Viva Viernes” staff meeting. We take time to hear what everyone is involved with over snacks and drinks. It allows us to keep that family-feel, while we continue to grow.
- Open-door Office: We truly believe in having an open-door policy. With our open office layout, we make sure that every employee has access to even top-level executives. Doors are left open so you can ask questions, explore options and learn more about what it really takes to thrive in the media industry.
- Real Experience: At AL DÍA, we believe the best way to learn is by simply jumping in. As an intern, you will be given real projects. By working alongside our full-time staff, you can create actual marketing campaigns, design brochures and web postings, run city-wide events, network with influencers, and develop new outreach strategies.
If you don't speak Spanish, we still want you!
Interested? Send us your resume and a cover letter with your best pitch! Let us know why you want to intern at AL DÍA and which department you are most interested in. Email it to [email protected].
We look forward to introducing you to the exciting world of news media!