Bilingual Journalist & Content Producer
Do you have a passion for digital journalism?
Do you believe the Best of Latino/Multicultural experience is missing from the American media coverage?
Do you like to work with creative teams who believe in working hard for that purpose and having fun at the same time?
If so, then we want you to apply for a position with us!
AL DÍA News Media seeks bilingual writers and content producers who are able to create original content using speed, creativity, and expert news judgment.
This position will cover a wide range of news themes covering politics, culture, education, business, corporate leadership, and education. Must be an avid follower of digital news sites and be extremely social media savvy.
- Create at least 2 or 3 daily articles/posts on aldianews.com of original and curated content
- Keep the site updated with digital postings that will include the missing Latino/Multicultural perspective.
- Input and manage multiple stories in our content management system.
- Write eye-catching headlines and enticing tweets.
- Basic video and photo shooting and editing to prepare content for web publishing.
- Avid social media user to propagate all web stories on aldianews.com social media handles, and personal social media.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passion for digital news media and Latino/Multicultural issues.
- Must be a social media superstar and have a real audience following.
- Must have a love for storytelling and engaging with a digital audience.
- Ability to multitask and wear many hats and be a team player.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- Must want to change the world!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
- Basic knowledge of HTML, video editing (Final Cut Pro) and Adobe Photoshop
- 1-3 years of work experience in a news gathering, writing, producing, multimedia news editing and desktop editing.
More About Our Company:
AL DÍA is one of the country’s most innovative and agile news media companies in the East Coast practicing a unique brand of Cross cultural Journalism in dual language format, in print, online, and live and virtual events over a multimedia and multilingual platform.
AL DÍA is like a start-up organization, but with the great advantage of having earned well 25 years of successful business experience.
We understand the high social responsibility of news media, and also we have developed strong networks and mastered business practices essential to make media self-sustaining and independent.
We practice and value Social Entrepreneurship and we want to mentor and develop more leaders urgently needed in the current transformation of the media business.
If you are like us, "creative, funny and a little bit weird", and also "brave and unafraid to confront challenges", as two of AL DIA's "Core Values" read, please consider joining us.
Work in Center City Philadelphia, in the heart of the financial district, within walking distance from main attractions in the Nation's first capital.
Network at AL DÍA Live Events hosted in top venues such as the Philadelphia Union League.
Enjoy the AL DÍA Team 'happy hour', known as "Viva Viernes!", a direct interaction with the company’s leadership.
Learn and thrive in a multicultural and bilingual environment where English is our common lingo. You can practice your Spanish, though, any time you choose.
Take abundant time off to replenish and come back even more creative. Based on seniority, AL DÍA offers a generous policy of leisure time, with up to a month of time off a year, including vacation, paid holidays, and paid personal days.
Enjoy our open office space, equipped with the AL DÍA Lounge where you can sit, relax, have a drink or a meal, or listen to your favorite music during breaks.
Stretch and stay fit in the fully equipped gym, one minute away from your workspace, on the lower floor of the same building.
Interested? Send your resume, samples of your work in multimedia journalism, and your cover letter to [email protected]. Make sure to put the position title in the subject line.